Monday 3 August 2015

A Super - Duper Gentle Cleanser





I recently wrote about my new fascination of micellar water and off the back of trying the La Roche Posay Physiological Micellar Solution I wanted to see what it was like to try a cleansing oil with micelles also.  

My first experience with micellar water was not a positive one but with faith restored and with the view to use products which would keep my skin calm and clarified, I went online with got the Vichy Pureté Thermale Beatifying Cleansing Micellar Oil.



Although I have never tried any cleansers from Vichy before, I understand they are french pharmacy and therefore I was hopeful for similar good results like I see when using La Roche Posay.  

I have been using this solidly as a single cleanser after removing make-up and even though this is not exactly its designed purpose (formulated to take make-up off) I find this is a really pleasant cleanser.  It is a really light oil and you barely feel like anything is on the skin once applied.  

I take 3 pumps and lightly massage this around in my hands before applying to my face in circular motions concentrating on any blemish problem areas.  Then after I feel like I have got every bit of skin, I take a few drops of water on my fingertips and apply directly to the skin which emulsifies the oil and turns it to a milky consistency.  Afterwards, I then wipe off with a terry cloth. 

Once I have used this cleansing oil, my skin feels really nice and soft and soothed.  It doesn't irritate my sensitive and blemish prone skin and I never feel like I have any product leftover my skin as the oil itself is so nice and light.

I will certainly be re-purchasing this as soon as I have run out.  I have been using this for about 4-6 weeks now and I am about 1/4 of the way through so I can see this lasting another couple of months easily.

Have you tried the Vichy Beautifying Cleansing Micellar Oil or any other skincare from Vichy?  Let me know your thoughts below!

Emma x


No comments:

Post a Comment