Monday 8 June 2015

Must Have Lip Balm : NUXE Reve de Miel






After purchasing the NUXE Crème Fraiche 24hr Moisturizing Mask and really enjoying the results I was keen to try some other offerings from NUXE as a brand.  I had read some excellent reviews of the NUXE Reve de Miel and decided to treat myself to their 20th anniversary limited edition red pot.


This lip balm comes in a small little glass pot which is not the best packaging if you a) like carrying lip balms in your handbag b) want to use every ounce of product.  Aside from the packaging, this product is a wonderful addition to any lip balm addicts collection.


This product which is somewhat of a cult favourite within the beauty blogger community has been road tested in Canada to ensure that it delivers the kind of nourishment and nurturing needed to protect lips even in the harshest weather conditions.  

The lip balm itself is a really thick formula (so a little goes a long way) but it is also kind of gritty in texture when you pop it out of the pot but once applied to the lips it goes on smooth and buttery.  It smells really distinctly of honey when applied which I really like as I love the smell of honey.  As well as honey this lip balm also contains plant oils, shea butter and grapefruit essence which all help to comfort chapped and dry lips.

I suffer regularly from chapped lips and I find if I pop a little dollop of this on before bed then I wake up with nourished, smooth and rescued lips.  It does a great job of repairing chapped lips as well as adding some much needed hydration when suffering from dry lips also.

I love the fact that the formula is nice and thick as it really works for me when I need to hydrate or soothe my lips.   However, the only downside with this product is if you need something to go underneath lipstick straight away it isn't capable as the consistency is just too thick once applied.  

I definitely think this is a product that is best suited for the bedside table and not a handbag product but I will certainly be repurchasing when I'm running out as it is the only all rounder that I have found which actually works for all my lip related troubles.  

Have you tried this much talked about product?  I would love to hear your thoughts if so!

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment