Wednesday 6 May 2015

Desert Island Stuff : La Roche-Posay Serozinc





You know that one product you feel like you could not live without and you wonder how you got through life before it entered yours?  Well, for me that is La Roche-Posay's Serozinc.



I had this stored away in a cupboard for a couple of months before even digging this out when I was in some serious skin trouble.  I suffer quite regularly from acne cysts and as well as being very painful and unsightly, they can be very stubborn and hard to get rid of.  Enter La Roche Posay Serozinc(*).



This product is a spraying mist which you can either use as a toner post cleansing and pre-moisturising or you can just use this throughout the day as a little refresher.  It comes out as a fine water based mist which contains just three ingredients - thermal spring water,  a small amount (0.10%) of zinc sulphate and astringent sodium chloride (0.75%). Zinc sulphate is known for its anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties and can be used as a treatment for acne as this is an inflammatory process. Sodium chloride is a salt which is known to be cleansing, antiseptic and astringent (La Roche-Posay like to use this word a lot it just means it helps shrink pores).



This hypoallergenic product is targeted at those with blemish prone and oily skin as it works to make skin look mattified and less greasy.  There is no doubt in my mind that this product helps my skin get back to what I consider 'normal' skin and does a good job of helping with acne cysts which I often find difficult to control.  Even when I am having better skin days, I still like to use this either morning or evening  to just help keep my skin settled.

Although I was lucky enough to be sent this product, I have since purchased two cans as back ups as I love it so much.

Have you tried this blogger favourite?  I would love to know your thoughts!

Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment