Monday 2 February 2015

Three Stars : Origins Faces Masks





In 2014, a lot of brands come to my attention which had never before entered onto my radar.  

One of these brands was Origins and I can't believe that my skin care routine existed without this brand.  Since discovering Origins early last year, my obsession has grown and I thought I would dedicate a whole post to three wonderful masks which will sort out most skin complaints.



First up is the Origins Out of Trouble which is a 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin.  This mask is an all-rounder which will see skin out of any problems it might be dealing with.  Skin feeling a bit rough around the edges?  Or blemishes and oily skin getting you down?  It is no problem for this multipurpose skin saviour which means if you only splurge on one face mask from Origins, this is the one to grace your bathroom shelf.  

Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask

This masks contains the ingredients Zinc-Oxide and Salicylic Acid which is one of those BHAs - which stands for Beta Hydroxy Acid - which is a better version of the AHAs I spoke about recently.  These ingredients will help to exfoliate leaving behind nice smooth skin, as well soaking up any excess oil your skin might be producing and help unblock clogged up pores which could be harvesting some nasty blemishes. 

Next up is a great mask for dried up winter skin and that's the Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask.

Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask
The Drink Up masks have been floating around the blogging world for a long time.  Countless bloggers and YouTubers have mentioned this product as a moisturising face mask they adore.  The hype is well deserved as this is one of the best masks I have personally tried for when my skin is feeling a little on the dry side.  

I by no means have dry skin (for a little more info on my skin type click here) but I do suffer from skin that's a little thirstier than normal when it is battling the cold winds and the central heating.  My office is very cold and so for a little extra heating, I have a portable fan heater on my desk and I really notice the difference in my skin after I get home from a long, cold day at work because my skin is in serious need of some extra moisture afterwards.

This mask which contains Hyaluronic Acid, Avocado Oil and Japenese Seaweed has great healing properties and helps to create a barrier which traps in and helps to prevent future loss of moisture.  Upon application this mask smells very strongly of apricots and ginger which I found a little off putting at first but when you wake up the next day skin looks plumper, feels replenished and rejuvenated and just back to normal again.  

Origins Clear Improvements Mask

Last but certainly by no means least is the Origins Clear Improvements active charcoal mask to clear pores.  I must admit, at first the idea of putting charcoal on my face and leaving it on there was a little scary but after using I was really impressed with the results.

This is a great mask if you suffer with congested skin like I do and you're after a bit of clarity.  The Charcoal helps to draw out impurities such as blemishes whilst the White China Clay helps to prevent any environmental toxins getting into your skin which is handy when you work in the Big Smoke five days a week. 

This masks leaves my skin the next day looking and feeling a lot clearer post application and it doesn't irritate my skin or leaving it looking red.

All of the above masks should be applied following a good cleansing of the skin.   I personally like to double cleanse as it gets rid of make-up on the first go and really gets down into the skin and get rid of any nasties on the second cleanse.

Have you tried any of these masks?  What are your thoughts? 

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment