Tuesday 21 October 2014

Life // New In : Hair Care




Hey guys,

I'm sorry it has been such a long time since I've posted but I've been busy and to be honest my heart hasn't been in it as much as I would have liked it to be.   But hey ho, I appear to be back in the swing of things again now so all's well that ends well.

I thought I would share with you some of the new products I've bought recently in terms of hair care.





John Frieda Range




I have gone slightly more red with my hair colour lately and so in order to keep the vibrancy I thought I'd treat myself to the John Frieda Radiant Red Shampoo & Conditioner.  I used to love the Brilliant Brunette shampoo and conditioner back in the day and since they've brought out a range specifically for red coloured hair I thought I would like this just as much.

I have used both of these products a couple of times now and I am just not sure.  The shampoo and conditioner itself is red coloured which kind of leaves a bit of a mess in the shower but the smell is quite pleasant.  I am not 100% keen on the results of using this shampoo and I'm only saving it for times when I'm close to getting it coloured again as it does bring out the red but it lightens it and I was expecting it to deepen the colour so although it does pick out the red it doesn't do so in the right way.

I don't think I would buy this shampoo and conditioner combo again unless I coloured my hair like Poison Ivy.

The John Frieda range was three for the price of two at the time and I wasn't really looking for anything else so I thought I'd try something different and purchased the Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion.

I have very fine, flat hair and therefore I'm on a constant quest to achieve a good bit of volume on my limp barnet.  I am currently happy with the VO5 Plump It Up Mousse but I don't like using a mousse every day as they can be quite drying on my hair so I thought I would give this root booster spray a go.

The smell is not particularly pleasant and it can feel quite tacky once I've sprayed onto wet hair but I am really pleased with the result.  It doesn't dry crunchy or crispy and I have been using this at the root as well as through the lengths to just give some texture to my hair and it works really well.

The Root Booster will definitely be making its way back onto into my bathroom once I've used this bottle up!

Bouffe Hair Thickening Spray in Dark Brown




I'll hold my hands up and admit when I bought this product, I thought it was dry shampoo.  Unfortunately it isn't and is in fact a spray (for your hair colour) which is supposed to give great volume and make hair appear thicker.

In Boots, they often have a little stand where there's products that are either new or 'trending' (on their website it can be found here) which I always love to check out as you get to discover some excellent brands that way.  This product by Bouffe was in that very section and it is probably the only product I've been disappointed in.

It definitely makes hair look more volumised and gives great lift.  However, I learnt the hard way that this product should definitely not be used on day old (or older) hair as it makes it super-duper greasy. It's quite heavy and sometimes can feel really tacky but it's good for covering up a bit of re-growth and good for just cleaned hair days.

What have you been buying recently?  Let me know in the comments section below :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment