Tuesday 5 August 2014

Review : L'Oréal Skin Perfection Miracle Cleansing Oil


Hello lovelies,

I have spoken in the past about my dislike for using oil products on my skin as a long time oily skin sufferer.  To me it does not make any sense to slather my already unbalanced face with something that will surely send it into an oily meltdown?!  However, I realise that it's a very narrow-minded view on things and how can I judge something I have never used before?

I was in Sainsbury's recently and I saw the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Miracle Cleansing Oil on special offer (I can't remember exactly but it was £5 something instead of about £8) and in the back of my mind I knew I needed a new night time cleanser (see my recent Empties Video for what I used before) and I thought I should give it a go and if I don't like it, then not much money wasted.

I am so glad I trusted my instincts on this occasion because I am just in love with this skin care product.  I usually stay well clear of buzz words such as 'miracle' and 'perfection' because they do have a tendency to let you down but not with this L'Oreal Cleanser.

I use this in the evening to take off my make-up and it actually just melts all my make-up away.  I will take three pumps and then just rub it between my hands, slap on all around my face (even on my forehead where I don't tend to wear make-up because my fringe is in the way) and work it all the way around my face with my fingertips, going round in circles, giving extra consideration to where I'm suffering from blemishes.  I usually do this for about 1-2 minutes and then sometimes I even sit back and let this sink in for a quick couple of minutes.  When I'm using this product I feel so relaxed - okay bear with me I know that's a strange thing to say - because the circular motions and the oil just reminds me of having a facial and it's got that really pampering feel to it.

My oily skin concerns were melted away with my days make-up after I used this product for the first time.  I admit, I was dreading waking up in the morning to a face full of spots but it never happened.  After washing this product off with a flannel after first use (I don't like using my muslin cloth with this cleanser because I really want to be as gentle as possible in order to keep all the good work it's done to my skin and because I like to make doubly sure all this oil is completely removed before going to bed by going over my face with a flannel twice) my skin looked so healthy, the tone of my skin was less red and it just looked great.  I haven't seen such great results from using a cleanser ever.

In the morning after using this my skin looks healthy, plump and nourished.  Since using this product I haven't noticed any dryness to my skin and it feels so good in the mornings after use.

Not only does this make an easy and effective task of taking off a full face of make-up (yes even waterproof mascara) but it smells lovely too.  It smells fresh, like cucumbers and totally not what I expected it to smell like (I expected something really heavy and warm but it's cool and refreshing) and a total pleasure to use.

The only down fall I will say is that I have tried a couple of times to take my eye make-up off with this oil with great success, no problems at all.  However my eyes did go blurry from using this over my eyelashes and in the morning I woke up and was very worried because they were still blurry!  It eventually wore off which is fine but I have also noticed that in the morning after I have taken my mascara off with this product, my eyes are crusty and when I have a little sleep on the train in the morning I find when I wake up at the other end, my eyes are slightly stuck together which is obviously not a good look.  I do have very sensitive eyes and this product does say its tested under dermatological and ophthalmological control but I've made the decision on the above basis that going forward I will be sticking to my Body Shop Waterproof Eye & Lip Make-Up Remover which I never have any problems with.

Other than the above though, I am really pleased I ended up picking this up on a whim.  This product really has opened my eyes (or not really, see above) to oil cleansers and I will endeavour to try more of the success of the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Miracle Cleansing Oil.  I realise now that I need to be prejudice against products that I don't understand and hopefully going forward I will be more adventurous with my skin care.

RRP is £7.99 and link can be found here.

Have you tried the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Miracle Cleansing Oil?  Let me know what you thought or if you have any suggestions for some other cleansing oils you have enjoyed because I would really love some suggestions!



No comments:

Post a Comment