Tuesday 25 February 2014

Review : Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balm in 'Striking'

Hi everyone!

I originally set out to find myself a little orange lip but I decided that it just wouldn't suit me so I shelved that idea but I had kept picking up the Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balm in 'Striking' but for some reason kept deciding I was not feeling brave enough.

So when I was in boots a few weeks back I decided to just go for it.  Even though this is not necessarily a colour I would try out ordinarily, I did a little test on the back of my hand and really liked it.  It was such a different colour and I do love a red lip but I only have maybe one bright red lip colour and that is a gloss.


I had also seen a lot of adverts for the new Revlon Matte Balm crayon collection (they also do a super shiny one called Lacquer Balm) and I have already tried the Balm Stain but unfortunately the lid came off in my bag and it totally ruined it.


I really love the colour, I would say the best way to describe it would be a really bright red but it also has the slightest hint of orange in it too.  




This product because it is a balm goes on really well and it doesn't dry out the lips at all.  It also has a really nice minty smell when you apply which I love.


I was in awe of the staying power of this lip colour.  After taking this photos early afternoon, post-lunch and post-dinner this was still very much in place.  This will be such a great product to wear on a night out and I can't wait to have somewhere to wear this.

All in all, a big thumbs up from me in terms of colour, application and how well this stays put.

Usual price is £7.99 but they are currently on offer in Superdrug, link is here



No comments:

Post a Comment