Monday 10 February 2014

Review : No 7 Protect & Perfect Foundation

Hello everyone!

I was getting really concerned my Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation (review is here) was just too dark for me and so I got myself colour matched for Boots No 7 range.

I know I keep banging the drum on No 7 but it really is great and they do a colour match service which is free, no obligation whatsoever and they basically have a little machine which the hold up to your jawline and then it checks your skin colour against their database to find the best shade to suit you.



I originally wanted the Instant Radiance Foundation as I was enjoyed the Wake Me Up in the sense that it made my skin shimmer.  However, when I tried the Instant Radiance on the back of my hand, the coverage seemed too light and I like a medium coverage.

I have enjoyed using the Protect & Perfect eyecream and I thought it couldn't hurt to go that one step further and get a foundation which would do the same to my face.





I got matched to 'Warm Ivory' which looked okay on the back of my hand when I tried it but now I have actually brought the product, I am not sure she took enough of my foundation I was wearing off because it is very 'biscuit'.  

So, I'm working with what I got and in a way I am glad it is a little bit darker then what I usually go for because sometimes if my foundation is too light, once I put my powder over the top I look like Casper so the combination of this new foundation and my Bare Minerals powder work well together.




I got to be honest, at first I thought I had wasted my money but... after using this for about two weeks now I'm glad I purchased it.  It is as I said above slightly worrying when I first apply it but it goes on well, coverage is good and it lasts pretty much all day which is difficult to find. 

I've taken some photos and although I never 'edit' my photo in the sense that I do not have any professional software, I do sometimes brighten them up if the lighting isn't very good.  

For the purposes of this post however, I haven't touched any of my photos because I thought it was important I give a true sense of how this product looks on.  I also did not put powder over the top of my foundation, so what you see is what you get!

Some smiley photos, at last!






 I will probably get colour matched again when I need to replace but I will buy from No 7 again.  

After I had tried the Rimmel as mentioned previously, I must admit I was thinking the one thing I cannot buy is drugstore foundations but this has restored my faith.

On a side note, when I was searching for the link to this I just noticed that Wake Me Up is now available in lighter shades (typical!).

Usual Price is £16.50 and can be found here

Eyes : Rimmel - Accelerator Endless - Extreme Black (find me here!), 
Lips : Body Shop - Lipstick Colour Crush in 335 'Hot Date' (find me here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment