Thursday 6 February 2014

Review : Kate Moss for Rimmel Matte Lipstick



Hello everyone,

I have been eyeing up the Rimmel by Kate Moss Matte Lipstick 'Wine 107' for quite some time now and finally decided to take the plunge.

Packaging of this product is cute, I really like the little Kate Moss signature on the lid. 


I've been searching high and low for the perfect dark red lip colour and this is as close as I've come so far. 

Colour wise, the names suggest it would be described as 'wine' and I wear a lot of this colour in my clothes, so I thought it would go well with a lot of things. Unfortunately, however, this really is more of a dark purple / deep pink and quite 'vampy'.  I don't think the product actually looks the same as how it goes on the lips and I was quite disappointed as I already have similar colours.



I am not sure about this product yet... I have a couple of gripes so far as:-

  • it bleeds / feathers (so I need to try and find myself a lip liner which is close in colour)
  • it does not smell very nice (very 'lipstick' smelling) and just feels a bit cheap. 
  • it makes my lips really dry (which is probably because it is matte) and I have tried using Vaseline over the top but this makes it smudge.
As for how well it stays put, I've only worn this to work once (which is a good test for me) and it had worn off by the time I'd eaten breakfast but having said I that, I wasn't feeling very brave that day and didn't apply it as fully as I would for a night out.

For the purposes of this blog, I did apply it fully and I did find it was still on for hours after I had taken the photos so perhaps I just need to be a bit bolder next time for work!


Until I can sort out a tripod, it will have to be the 'selfie' pose
So in summary, I will probably not be rushing out to buy this product again in this colour or any other. 

I paid the usual price of £5.49 and link can be found here.

What I am wearing in these photos:

Face : No 7 Protect & Perfect Foundation in Warm Ivory (find me here!) - review coming soon
Bare Mineral Loose Power in light (find me here!) and Collection concealer in medium 3 (find me here!)
Eyes : a la carte cosmetics - divine lash mascara (find me here!) - review coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment